Overdraft Protection Opt In/Opt Out
What You Need to Know About Overdrafts and Overdraft Fees
An overdraft occurs when you do not have enough money in your account to cover a transaction, but we pay it anyway. We can cover your overdrafts in two different ways:
- We have standard overdraft practices that come with your account.
- We also offer overdraft protection plans, such as a link to another account, which may be less costly than our standard overdraft practices. To learn more, ask us about these plans.
This notice explains our standard overdraft practices.
What are the standard overdraft practices that come with my account?
We do pay overdrafts for the following types of transactions (at our discretion):
- Checks and other transactions made using your checking account number
- Automatic bill payments
We will not authorize and pay overdrafts for the following types of transactions without your consent. (see authorization below):
- ATM transactions
- Everyday debit card transactions
We pay overdrafts at our discretion under the standard overdraft practices, which means we do not guarantee that we will always authorize and pay any type of transaction.
If we do not authorize and pay an overdraft, your transaction will be declined.
What fees will I be charged if Focus Bank pays my overdraft?
Under our standard overdraft practices:
- We will charge you a NSF Paid Handling fee of up to $32 each time we pay an overdraft.
- We will not charge you a fee if your account is overdrawn less than $10 on any given day.
- If your account is overdrawn for 3 or more consecutive business days, we will charge an additional $5 every three consecutive days.
- There is a limit of 4 items or $128 per day on the total fees we can charge you for overdrawing your account.
What if I want Focus Bank to authorize and pay overdrafts on my ATM and everyday debit card transactions?
If you want us to authorize and pay overdrafts for which an NSF Paid Handling Fee will be assessed on ATM and everyday debit card transactions, call (800) 464-3150, visit our website at http://www.focusbank.com, complete the form below and present it at a branch or mail it to: P.O. Box 186, Charleston, MO 63834. You can revoke your authorization for Focus Bank to pay these overdrafts at any time by any of the above methods. Your revocation must include both your name and your account number so that we can properly identify your account.
Alternative Ways to Opt In/Out
|By Phone||By Mail||In Person|
Our customer service representatives are standing by if you prefer to Opt In/Out by phone.
Call: 1 (800) 464-3150
If you prefer to Opt in/out by mail, please print this form and send it to:
Sometimes it’s easier to talk in person. Please visit your local branch and ask a representative to help you decide which plan is best for you.